Navigation Bar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blueberry Cheesecake with Peanut Crust


I had been staring the pictures of this cake in one of William Sonoma's books, and I really wanted to make one. But I never did (because my husband doesn't like cheesecake), until today, because I'm going to Seattle this weekend and there's still some packages of cream cheese left on my fridge.
The original recipe required hazelnut, but I only had salted peanut. So I tried using these peanuts, and it turned great. I brought it to a farewell party of my friend, and everyone loved it (including my husband). I was so glad!

For the crust
Ingredients:
11/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/16 cup sugar (additional, because I used 'salted' peanuts')
3/4 cup roasted, finely chopped peanuts
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 2 cm pieces

Method:
Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C). Butter a 9-inch (23 cm) square springform pan.
To make the crust, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, peanuts, salt, until blended. Using a knife, cut in the butter until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of small peas.
Press the crust mixture into the bottom and 1 inch (2,5 cm) up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake the crust until it is golden and the top looks dry and firm, 15-20 minutes. Set aside.

For the filling
Ingredients:
1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy (double) cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups blueberry

Method:
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar and beat together with a wooden spoon or a mixer until blended and smooth. Stir in the flour until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until the batter is smooth. Stir in the cream and vanilla and almond extracts and stir until incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
Bake in the preheated oven until the center is set when you give the pan a gentle shake, 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and open the sides of the springform pan. Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment