Navigation Bar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Chocolate Chip Almond Cookie Pie


You know that we get to eat cake samples in Costco. It was when we shop for groceries there when I first tasted Chocolate Chips Cookie Pie. Ofcourse, my husband and I are big fans of chocolate, so we like it a lot. Then  I made myself a promise to make the pie right away.



But at home, I realized there were still many left over cakes. We didn't like wasting food, so I had to wait until all those foods are finished. It was not until 3 days later that I could finally allow myself to bake the pie.
I made the pie crust myself, with William Sonoma's flaky crust recipe. It was good.

The pie was wonderful, and so much more when it came out of the fridge. But the texture was not what I have expected, possibly because I overmixed the dough. I'll make sure to just fold the dough by hand for the next batch.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Recipe from Nestle

1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought.
2 large eggs
1/2 C flour
1/2 C white granulated sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C real butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
1 C chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark works best, you might find milk too sweet)
1 C chopped pecans (you are welcome to make it without nuts)

Vanilla ice cream, or sweetened whipped cream for serving (a must!  I prefer ice cream)
optional: chocolate sauce (honestly, doesn’t really need chocolate sauce, but it looks pretty!)
Preheat oven to 325° F.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack or serve slightly warmed.  Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment