Navigation Bar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Crisp Chocolate Bites


There was still half a jar of sugar cookies in my livingroom table, but I was really craving for chocolate. So it didn't take me too long to choose this recipe from William Sonoma to try.

I was too tempted to try that I took one cookie while it was still warm, it was still a bit chewy. So I waited until it cooled completely and I was happy. It was very crisp - the kind of crisp that you could hear the sound coming out of your mouth. 
I made 15 cookies in the first batch, and I ate 7 already. So I decided to refrigerate the rest of the dough to be baked for tomorrow's afternoon tea! :)


The original recipe calls for unsweetened chocolate. I used the semi sweet chocolate and  it was perfect for me. And also, I whisked all the ingredients by hand. How much I love this simple recipe!

Crisp Chocolate Bites
Makes 65 cookies

Ingredients:
6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Directions:
Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper/baking mat. Set aside.
In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine the butter and chocolate. Heat, stirring occasionally, just until melted and smooth.
Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the granulated sugar until evenly moistened. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together onto a sheet of waxed paper.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Shape the dough into 3/4 inch (2 cm) balls and roll in the confectioners sugar to coat completely. Place the balls about 11/2 inches (4 cm) apart on the prepared pans. Bake the cookies until puffed and cracked on top, about 12 minutes.They may appear underdone in the center but will turn crisp as they cool. Let the cookies cool on the pans on wire racks for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to the racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment